I primarily utilize craniosacral therapy, but incorporate a variety of other techniques, some of which include, but not limited to:
- Muscle Energy– a direct technique for mobilizing a joint utilizing an isometric contraction for management of hypomobile structures to restore biomechanical and physiological function of the body.
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT)– the Bobath approach to treatment of neurological disorders, with emphasis on function and quality of holistic learning, integrating into the physiology (NDT certified).
- Educational Kinesiology (Brain Gym)– Movement activities to enhance specific types of holistic learning, centering, and relaxation, integrating into physiology. Four basic activities are primarily utilized and may assist in preparing ourselves to learn in the present moment by focusing our resources on the task at hand. These are four states necessary for whole brain learning (integrating right/left brain, restore equilibrium after emotional or environmental stress, stimulate neurotransmitter production at synapses in the brain assisting with self centering, and water consumption which conducts electricity in the body). Activities are also utilized to improve whole body and fine motor movement.
- Esoteric Healing – a technique to balance the individual chakras with its associated organs to enhance a stronger connection between one’s physical body and astral body to improve overall healing.
- General strengthening/ stretching.
- Pilates- exercises with emphasis on core strength, also incorporating the arms and legs, utilizing breath, and including stretches emphasizing quality of movement.
- Kinesiology taping- a rehabilitative taping technique to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion.
- Meditation- a quieting of our mind and body with intention to train individual’s attention to be more aware, assisting our connection in life. Improves concentration, assists our attention to connect fully in life, and opens compassionate awareness.
- Mindfulness- purposeful, non-judgment attention to the present moment. Attention to breath and whatever is present in the given moment inside and outside an individual.